Anu Lahtinen, born in 1975
Historian, PhD in Cultural History (University of Turku), European Doctorate in the Social History of Europe and the Mediterranean, Docent in Finnish history (University of Turku) and Finnish and Nordic History (University of Helsinki). Has also written popular history, such as histories of scandals & princesses. Member of the editorial board of Historiallinen aikakauskirja (Journal of History) since 2010, Editor-in-Chief of the journal for the period 2016-2020. For publications &c., see also https://utu.academia.edu/AnuLahtinen
Some present projects:
Gender and Family Relations http://perheenjaljilla.blogspot.fi/p/blog-page_11.html
Gendered Agency http://www.helsinki.fi/collegium/english/staff/Lahtinen/lahtinen.htm
COST Action IS1005 “Medieval Europe – Medieval Cultures and Technological Resources” http://www.cost.esf.org/domains_actions/isch/Actions/IS1005
Nordic research network Medieval gender history together with PhD Christine Ekholst (Uni. of Stockholm) http://www.medeltid.su.se/Forskning/Medieval_gender_history.htm
Member of the European research network Gender in the European Town, 1650-1950 http://www.sdu.dk/en/Om_SDU/Institutter_centre/Ihks/Forskning/Forskningsnetvaerk/Gender_in_the_European_Town
EDUCATION & POSITION
- 2015 Dosentti (docent, ”adjunct professor”), Finnish and Nordic history, University of Helsinki
- 2010 degree in university pedagogy
- 2008 Dosentti (docent, “adjunct professor”), Finnish history, University of Turku
- 2007 PhD in Cultural History, University of Turku
- 2002 European Doctorate (diploma 2009)
- 2000 Master of Arts, major Finnish history, minors Cultural history, art history, classical arcaheology, University of Turku
- 2015 University lecturer, Finnish and Nordic history, University of Helsinki
- 2013-(2016) Researcher in the History of the City of Hyvinkää project
- 2010-2013 Research fellow at the Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies.
- 2007 – Post Doc researcher in projects funded by the Academy of Finland. Besides the PostDoc research project, I study university pedagogics (60 ECTS). I also participate in many scholarly networks and conferences and in editing various historical journals and publications. I am also a supervisor for a couple of doctoral students.
- 2000-2006 Doctoral student, mostly working in projects funded by the Academy of Finland or by the Finnish graduate School of History. I also spent eight months as a visiting Marie Curie European Doctorate Fellowship in Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, Netherlands, in 2002-2003. In 2000-2001, I worked a total of 17 months as an assistant at the dept. of Finnish history, mostly mentoring students and taking care of the administrative issues.
- I have given university courses in history since 2000, using both Finnish, English and Swedish.
SOCIETIES AND OTHER ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
- 2010-2015 Member of the editorial board of Historiallinen aikakauskirja (Historical Journal), Editor-in-Chief-to-be in 2016-2020
- 2005-2010 Member of the Cliohres-network
- 2003-2006 Chair of the Elites network, European Social Science Conference (Berlin 2004, Amsterdam 2006)
- 2002-2006 Coordinator of the VIII Nordic Women’s and Gender History Conference (Turku, Finland 2005)
- 2002-2006 Chairperson of the Board of Glossa, the Finnish society for medieval research
- 2001-2005 Member of the Board of the Sigyn foundation, the foundation for the museum ship Sigyn
- 2000-2001 Secretary of the Board of Turku Historical Society
- Member in many international conference committées since 1999
- As a student, I was active in many associations such as the local Society for Creative Anachronism and Kritiikki, the Student association of the students of history at the University of Turku (I was the chairperson of Kritiikki in 1999). I was also a student member of the Board of the University of Turku in 1999.
- 2005- Editor in Chief of Ennen & Nyt, a historical internet journal
- 2001- Member of the Editorial Board of Ennen & Nyt, a historical internet journal
- 2000- Member of the Editorial Board of Agricolan Tietosanomat, a historical net magazine
- 1995- My WebSite
- Many tasks as a webmaster of scientific and academic www sites since 1998